Are you the owner or manager of a warehouse, distribution centre or manufacturing company? Are you concerned about the security of your facility when it comes to both external and internal theft? If you answered yes to either of these then it’s probably about time you updated your warehouse security.
The fact is, warehouses and distribution centres pose unique challenges that traditional security systems simply do not have the ability to address.
The large size and complex layout of warehouses, distribution centres and manufacturing facilities means the inventory of these businesses are vulnerable to not only external threats such as a break-in, but also internal threats such as employee theft.
Here are three ways to increase the security of your warehouse or distribution centre:
A conventional alarm system simply will not be able to completely secure your warehouse, and that’s not even looking at the high false alarm rates of a traditional alarm system and the slow police response times. This is why a verified security solution is essential.
The use of Sonitrol Western Canada’s unique verified security solution can be specifically tailored for your facility. One of Sonitrol’s verified sensors can cover 5,000 sq ft, and with our free security plan our team of experts make sure we understand where audio sensors need to be strategically placed to provide floor-to-ceiling and wall-to-wall coverage.
Combine this with our verified CCTV system which is monitored by our security personnel 24/7, and you can guarantee the security of your warehouse or distribution centre.
It’s unfortunate, but it’s often the case that your warehouse or distribution centre is particularly vulnerable to internal theft. As a result, make sure you conduct employee screenings prior to hiring. You should especially include a criminal background check.
This will help you to discover any applicants who are a higher risk of committing internal theft. Background checks are also a useful practice in general, and information around employment history, education and past references can help you make more informed hiring decisions.
Limit access to specific areas of your site
The installation of managed access control can further improve your security against both internal and external theft. A managed access control system will prevent unauthorized people from accessing restricted areas of your site.
The system will allow you to control the level of access each employee has, and non-employees will not be able to simply stroll into your facility. Not only this, but the system’s reporting functionality will mean you will know exactly which employees are in which room at any given time.
By simply limiting the number of employees and customers who have access to a certain area, your warehouse will be less vulnerable to theft and vandalism, and your high-valued assets will be kept secure.
Why choose Sonitrol Western Canada?
- Our Sonitrol Warehouse and Distribution Centre Security Solution, doesn't just record break-ins and theft, we also immediately alert the police and because we are a verified system we get a prompt police response. Since 1977 Police have apprehended over 172,000 criminals in the act at Sonitrol protected sites.
- Unlike conventional motion sensor alarms, our unique Sonitrol Active Audio Solution is not blocked by racking and pallets detecting break in attempts from roof or wall before entry is gained.
- Our unique Sonavision Solution verified video, monitors the perimeter and interior of the Warehouse and Distribution Centre and is activated by highly sensitive audio, motion and heat controls to detect thieves.
- Our verified Warehouse and Distribution Centre security solution is better than having expensive guards, who can sleep through the night or even leave the site, so we have developed programmable video guard tours as an alternate solution.
- We can give video access for your own supervision (WCB compliant), so you can record shipments and deliveries and watch job progress and day-to-day work.
- We provide full security using active audio and Sonavision.
Want to learn more about Sonitrol Western Canada’s security solution? Contact us today.